Ask Me a Question

If you have a writing, grammar, style or punctuation question, send an e-mail message to curiouscase at sign hotmail dot com.

Add Your Own Criminal Sentence!

If you find a particularly terrible sentence somewhere, post it for all to see (go here and put it in the Comments section).

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Criminal Sentence 422: New Discovery about Birth

From today's entertainment section in the paper:

"Josh Radnor ('How I Met Your Mother') was born to his mom 36 years ago today."

This is stunning news! His mom was involved in the birth? Alert scientists about this new development!

How about just say he's 36 today?

2 comments:

ChildsPlay said...

I think they were trying to be clever. He is on "How I Met Your Mother," so they were pointing out that he was born to HIS mother 36 years ago. I agree, though, that it does sound odd.

The Sentence Sleuth said...

Could be, but I object!