Ask Me a Question

If you have a writing, grammar, style or punctuation question, send an e-mail message to curiouscase at sign hotmail dot com.

Add Your Own Criminal Sentence!

If you find a particularly terrible sentence somewhere, post it for all to see (go here and put it in the Comments section).

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Criminal Sentence 490: Under a Proofreader's Care


During the Christmas holiday, I spent way too much time (thanks, kids) at the Natural History Museum's live bug area. I got to see two tarantula feedings. Anyway, to distract myself from seeing my daughter sidling up to a live bug, I looked for typos. Voila.

4 comments:

Megan Leslianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Sentence Sleuth said...

Do you mean apostrophes? Whatever misused punctuation marks I see, I, too, want to rub them out!

Megan Leslianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Westley said...

Be careful, Megan. You don't want to get in trouble for 'fixing' public signs. You might end up like the guys who wrote a book about their experiences doing just that. You can read about it on NPR: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=93937993&ps=rs