Ask Me a Question

If you have a writing, grammar, style or punctuation question, send an e-mail message to curiouscase at sign hotmail dot com.

Add Your Own Criminal Sentence!

If you find a particularly terrible sentence somewhere, post it for all to see (go here and put it in the Comments section).

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Criminal Sentence 490: Under a Proofreader's Care


During the Christmas holiday, I spent way too much time (thanks, kids) at the Natural History Museum's live bug area. I got to see two tarantula feedings. Anyway, to distract myself from seeing my daughter sidling up to a live bug, I looked for typos. Voila.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Sentence Sleuth said...

Do you mean apostrophes? Whatever misused punctuation marks I see, I, too, want to rub them out!

Westley said...

Be careful, Megan. You don't want to get in trouble for 'fixing' public signs. You might end up like the guys who wrote a book about their experiences doing just that. You can read about it on NPR: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=93937993&ps=rs