Ask Me a Question

If you have a writing, grammar, style or punctuation question, send an e-mail message to curiouscase at sign hotmail dot com.

Add Your Own Criminal Sentence!

If you find a particularly terrible sentence somewhere, post it for all to see (go here and put it in the Comments section).

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Criminal Sentence 400: Let's Hear It for Periods (.)

From an announcement I received on my phone:

"Don’t be fooled by Amanda Baumgarten's sweet exterior, she's a gifted butcher currently working as a consultant in L.A. Let's hear it for the West Coast!"

Don't
be fooled by that incorrect comma! Let's hear it for a period instead!

1 comment:

Westley said...

I'll have to assume that it was a text message.

I'm such an old fuddy-duddy (read 'traditionalist') that the only messages I get on my phone are spoken. :-)