Ask Me a Question

If you have a writing, grammar, style or punctuation question, send an e-mail message to curiouscase at sign hotmail dot com.

Add Your Own Criminal Sentence!

If you find a particularly terrible sentence somewhere, post it for all to see (go here and put it in the Comments section).

Monday, September 29, 2008

Poll Results 6

I'm glad that the majority of you felt the same way as I do about apostrophe abuse. Should we try to eradicate this problem one apostrophe at a time? I haven't had much success correcting misused apostrophes when I see them at businesses I frequent, so maybe that's a lost cause. Perhaps all we can do is try to keep our own apostrophes straight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SS,

Please write a WD rant-column against the insertion of apostrophes into words that function as adjectives rather than possessive-case nouns. e.g., the finance committee's meeting.