Ask Me a Question

If you have a writing, grammar, style or punctuation question, send an e-mail message to curiouscase at sign hotmail dot com.

Add Your Own Criminal Sentence!

If you find a particularly terrible sentence somewhere, post it for all to see (go here and put it in the Comments section).

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Criminal Sentence 138: Baby Jesus Is Nowhere in Sight

An error I come across a lot:

"Wanted: Marketing Manger"

I've trained myself to do a double take whenever I see the word "manager" because sometimes a "manger" wants to slip in. Although it is the Christmas season at the moment, marketing pieces don't usually need to involve mangers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Grammar Girl!

I'd like to share a pet peeve that I seem to run across frequently: "loose" vs. "lose," when one "o" is needed, two are used, and vice versa. Aaaargh!

Keep up the excellent work! I've been known to point bloggers with grammar deficiencies at your content.
-Richard Walker

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Bonnie! I know you aren't the same person as Grammar Girl... but I've managed to confuse the two of you.

Pardon my aging gray cells :-)