Ask Me a Question

If you have a writing, grammar, style or punctuation question, send an e-mail message to curiouscase at sign hotmail dot com.

Add Your Own Criminal Sentence!

If you find a particularly terrible sentence somewhere, post it for all to see (go here and put it in the Comments section).

Monday, October 17, 2011

Poll Results 155

The question:

What's wrong with this note written by my son? "I love you mom."

Nothing!
10 (13%)
Something.
18 (23%)
More than one thing.
13 (17%)
Something or more than one thing, but I will ignore it/them because the note is so sweet.
35 (46%)

I agree with 46% of you. My son was only nine at the time. There are two things wrong:

1) There should be a comma after "you."
2) "Mom" needs a capital M.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My question is, are Mom and Dad always capitalized?